02 November 2007

floating upon this surface for the birds

currently frequenting: "talk show host" by radiohead
you want me?  fucking well come and find me, i'll be waiting

---

I've always shopped at Blick, so tonight's trip to Pearl Paint in Chinatown has exposed me to a place of my wildest fantasies.  It is approximately a bagillion floors and has evvvuhreeethang!
Okay, maybe not everything.  My wildest fantasy would really be something like this:

- The ground floor would feature organic fair trade gourmet coffees, teas, and every dessert you could possibly imagine prepared fresh with the best ingredients.
- A basement level would be filled with every art supply you could ever need available for purchase.
- A spiral staircase would lead you to the upstairs.   Here you'll find several large rooms, each with their own individual vibe.  After picking a room, you'd feel the distinct energy as you entered and took in the music and enhancements.  Each room would incorporate couches, easels, tables, desks, chairs, etc. - anything people needed to think, study, create, or chill.

I'd be there errr day.

---

P.S. - Clay still irks me.  I'm so thankful it's an "abstract" class.  However, I just finished my "coil method" project (aka my blippity bloop)... its about as tall as my torso and I'm at a total loss on how to glaze (paint) it.  Help me pass ceramics - look at this camera phone picture and give me ANY ideas, or even if a color jumps at you.  Please?  It'd be greatly appreciated if you let me bounce ideas off of YOU =)

1 comments:

Realist, RN said...

i think you should make it some sort of trippy flame...with the colors really intense at the bottom--blues and purples, and then turn into reds and oranges as it reaches the top.