I took a deep, lengthy breath allowing my nostrils to expand to persuade in the glorious scents of summer combed with those accompanying being in the heart of the city. The aromatic medley of flavors pouring out of nearby restaurants, the reek of rotting refuse, and the stench of exhaust fuel mingled amicably with that sweet candied fragrance of summer air. This is my refreshing. I paused at a street corner while aimlessly wandering to find myself joined by hoards of enthused tourists from all walks of life, desperate street musicians, and eager purveyors of bus tours and comedy clubs. The zestful energy entered and settled deep into every pore of my skin. Every sensation was welcomed with pleasure and I just soaked it in. I wasn't with a friend, I wasn't passing through, I was there just to be there. Exhilaration coursed through my veins with every step of my unorthodox trip. Once more, I inhaled and let the euphoric New York City air circulate through me as I squinted up at the familiar cascading lights of billboards and the sweltering sun. I exhaled, marveled and still in awe of it all.
31 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i can't get enough of the city air. sometimes i want to wrap my mouth over the muffler of an eighteen wheeler and inhale as if i was smoking the fattest blunt ever. then, i would get the biggest head rush and finally get to enjoy the sights and sounds and scents of the city, for what they're really worth.
:)
i especially love lying on amiable concrete roof tops and looking up to a hazy night sky embellished with that faint putrid glow of new york lights. then i like pointing to random places in the sky and pondering to my ponderous self, 'i wonder if there is a star there, behind this cloud of industrial fume?'
Post a Comment