Rembrandt is the original master of shadow and light.
I could look at The Hundred Guilder Print all day and still know I'm missing so much.
When I was looking at this one,
(Portrait of a Young Jewish Man) an elderly woman a mere two thirds my height hooked her arm into the crook of my elbow and shared, "Go closer. Look at the eyes. They look real. Absolutely marvelous." Then she smiled the most genuine smile and walked along.
Munching on my severely overpriced and not spicy enough jalapeno chips alone, I mean, independently, in the cafeteria, I knew I was probably sitting facing not an unaccompanied 60 something with a coffee and a floor plan, but a vision into the future. I have trouble deciding if this is sad or not, but am happy about it regardless.
- - - -
magical and mysterious. the warmth and light here is supplied not by the moon, but the couple.
Carnival Evening by Rousseau, I love it.
Also, I gotta say, Bonnard is so good. I am currently really feeling him and can't even pick just one to share.
09 October 2011
yin and yang
Posted by Suki at 11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment