I am so excited about something that I can't contain myself, so I came here to let the enthusiasm overflow and hopefully my person will return to a functional state afterward.
Two wheelers, otherwise known as bicycles, or bikes if you are not into the effort of multiple syllables, are an amazing contraption. Get places faster than walking, pay no gas. Parking space?? Pshaw!! More like, "wheres da bike rack yo?" Maybe even delude yourself into thinking you are getting more exercise than you really are. I could go on, but I'm going to avoid the whole overdone green aspect (you caught me, I mentioned it) and tell you that, honestly, the real reason I love them is because I think cycling is fun. Like, so fun, homie. But in suburbia, this particular action verb quickly loses its charm with the same static scenery repeated coupled with no sense of purpose. In New York, I just felt like I'd end up on all the news blogs at the end of the day as one of those horrific accident victims.
I've had the same trusty, modestly purple colored multi-gear bicycle (purchased from Sam's Club) since the fourth grade. At the time, it was too big for me so I dismounted by falling off (check out da scars on mah right calf for some evidence). My poipull babe is still going strong, and I can proudly get off without hurting myself... most of the time. It's the BEST.
I'm so excited it gets to have a new life in Philadelphia soon. Finally, an actual city where you can safely get most places on a bike. But don't think baby isn't getting a makeover. Primarily, I'll need a little basket. I'm thinking a detachable wicker one... that I could spray paint a contrasting color like a light, bright green or strong yellow. Then hot glue some artificial flowers on that shit. Hmm.. and I'll need a new helmet to avoid being an ICU case myself.. can't order online cause my head is deceptively huge and I'll need to try things on. And the bike shop near me recently burnt down, great. Looking for something colorful, and generally funky - hit me up if you know where I should look!! Lastly, maybe some sweet spoke beads if I feel like actin' like a child. Oh, and of course a rear reflector thingy. SaFeTy FiRsT.
Can I stop??? This post is incredibly annoying of me. By the way, my apartment (which it would make more sense for me to be discussing because it is mind blowing with "old world" charm [dislike those sterile, everything brand new, modern apts]) is five minutes biking distance from my jawb. I'm so siked, I could vomit.
But lets be real, obviously the bike is a microcosm of the state of my life right now. The exciting changes that are about to happen and my freedom to manipulate the multiple variables is farrrrr too vast for me to wrap my mind around, so I'll just talk about my two wheeler. Yeah.
07 April 2011
before i had it, i close my eyes and imagine.
Posted by Suki at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment